The RPA® and FMA Capstone Experience Exam
Effective January 1, 2021, The RPA and/or FMA Capstone Experience Exam is a culminating, application-based exam reflective of your three years of industry experience. Once your RPA and/or FMA course requirements are complete, you're ready for for your Capstone Exam. This two-hour, 100-question multiple choice exam is a proctored exam taken through Pearson Vue, or online through OnVUE, a division of Pearson Vue.
Prior to taking your exam, you must sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement and the Code of Professional Ethics and Conduct. Read them now and save valuable test time!
Scheduling Your Exam
Ready to schedule your Capstone Exam appointment? It's easy! Schedule through Pearson Vue below or contact a Pearson VUE agent at 1.866.998.2664. A confirmation letter will automatically be sent via email or mail after scheduling an appointment. If you do not receive confirmation, please contact a Pearson VUE agent.
- CREATE AN ACCOUNT. You will need to create a Pearson Vue account or sign in to schedule your appointment online. Creating an account allows you to schedule/reschedule exam appointments, view testing history, and modify personal information. You will also have access to a variety of resources including a tutorial and practice exam, test center locator, and more. In order to ensure that exam results are linked to the correct student profile, it may take up to 24 hours to confirm a username and password after creating an account.
- ONVUE. You may use the online, proctored version for each of the Capstone Exams. If you scheduled an exam through Pearson Vue, and would like to change to OnVUE, you must first CANCEL your exam through Pearson Vue in order to see the online option.
- PERSONAL COMPUTERS. Per Pearson Vue's OnVUE policy, learners should not use work computers because the firewalls interfere with the Online Proctoring setting. You will need to ensure that you are not logged into VPN and that there are no firewalls preventing access. Please take your OnVUE exam using a different device or offsite.
Want to review prior to taking your Capstone Exam? BOMI offers an optional RPA Capstone Experience Prep Course and FMA Capstone Experience Prep Course. Take a look!
Capstone Experience Exam Extensions
If you need an exam extension, you may extend your eligibility for an additional six-month period. A Capstone exam administration fee of $100 applies. This fee applies to the following scenarios:
• No-show: did not cancel or change an exam appointment with one full business day's notice.
• Retest: failing an exam and needing to retake at a later date.
• Extension: wishing to extend the eligible period for other reasons.
Unsure if you're eligible to extend your eligibility? Call 1.800.235.2664 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to ask an Education Coordinator.