Why the RPA®?
The RPA® Designation program positions property managers for success by providing insight into and knowledge of operating a commercial building. You’ll gain a full understanding of the diverse aspects of property management involved in analyzing a building in its entirety. The RPA® program will teach you to maximize a building’s net income while minimizing risks, thereby enhancing your standing in the industry and positioning you for long-term success.
What Will I Learn?
In the RPA® program, you’ll learn how to enhance the value of the asset through proper and strategic decision making. Components of this program include design, operation, and maintenance of an office building. You will become fully versed in budgeting and accounting for commercial real estate, risk management, and best practices in bidding. This program also covers reviewing and selecting contract providers, marketing and leasing the building, and operating the asset from an owner’s perspective through a comprehensive asset management component.
Who Should Enroll?
Assistant property managers, property managers, and those who manage real estate assets.
Elective Courses (choose one):
A Pathway to Earn Your Credential
The Capstone Experience
The Capstone Experience program reduces the administrative hurdle of completing the complex Experience Form by only requiring employment history verification. To maintain the integrity of BOMI's programming, the Capstone Experience includes a culminating RPA Capstone Exam once all RPA course requirements are complete.
- Learners who enroll in the RPA Designation program as of January 1, 2021 will be automatically enrolled in the Capstone Experience Program.
- Those enrolled in the RPA prior to January 1, 2021 must complete their program prior to December 31, 2021. If current programs are not completed by that time, learners will be automatically enrolled in the Capstone Experience program, and a Capstone Exam Fee is required.
The RPA Capstone Exam is not a cumulative final exam, but a 125-question multiple choice test reflective of your three years of industry experience. The exam includes:
- Two-hour, 125-question multiple choice exam, 100 of which are scored and 25 of which are not scored.
- Proctored exam to be taken at Pearson VUE
- Questions are application-based, using scenarios that rely on the learners' three years of experience in commercial property and facility management
- Optional Online Self-Paced Capstone Exam prep courses are available for the RPA
You can begin pursuing your RPA® at any time during your career. Before you are awarded the RPA® Designation, you are required to demonstrate three years of verifiable property management experience. The criteria are outlined in the Experience Form below, which may be submitted at any time following enrollment.
For those who have prior education in an area that overlaps with the RPA, you may be eligible to receive credit for one or more courses. To review the requirements please refer to the Administrative Competency Chart in the form below, which outlines what is eligible and how you go about applying to get credit for a course.
- Courses may be taken in any order.
- Choose the flexible course delivery option that works best for you - online self-paced, collaborative virtual learning, accelerated review or classroom setting, where applicable.
- Enroll in the RPA Designation and/or register for a class using the methods below: