Refrigeration Systems and Accessories
Back to Course Listing
Maintaining the proper comfort level in an office environment is essential for tenant satisfaction. Refrigeration Systems and Accessories reviews the basic refrigeration cycle and refrigeration system components, as well as how to operate and maintain reciprocating and absorption refrigeration systems. You will gain the skills and knowledge to describe the principles of refrigeration and identify the performance characteristics of refrigeration components. You will also learn how to establish maintenance processes and troubleshooting techniques.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Employ a working knowledge of refrigeration systems to describe how they can be integrated into an existing building
- Maintain a reliable and effective refrigeration system
- Troubleshoot refrigeration systems and accessories
- Perform general maintenance on refrigeration systems and accessories
- Explain the computer technology used to operate refrigeration systems
Key topic areas:
refrigeration cycles and principles • mechanical components of refrigeration systems • systematic troubleshooting • general maintenance procedures
SMA® and SMT® designations
USGBC Recommendation: 24
GBCI continuing education hours toward the LEED Credential Maintenance Program
Select an offering below to register.
Note BOMI courses are offered throughout the country through a partnership with Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Locals. If you cannot find a course in your area, please pre-register and tell us where, when, and how you would like to take the course.
Back to Top